This is a major crowd pleasure, y’all. They have just enough kick without having to rescue to a large glass of milk.
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos
- 12 Jalapeno peppers
- Reduced fat cream cheese
- Package of bacon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix together cream cheese and pesto. This is touch-and-go depending on how much pesto flavor you want. I use almost an entire package of cream cheese and a few tablespoons of pesto.
- Cut bacon in half while still in package. (Trust me, it’s so much easier this way.) Pre-cook bacon only slightly if you want to avoid the peppers being in the oven for much longer. A good indicator is to not let the bacon curl up too much, because you’ll need the surface area of the bacon to wrap around the peppers fully.
- Cut peppers in half and de-seed and de-rib, leaving just the pepper shell. (If you want them spicy, keep a rib or two in those little guys.)
- Fill peppers with cream cheese-pesto mixture level with the top of the pepper.
- Wrap peppers in bacon, using the filling as “glue” for the bacon. No toothpicks are necessary, which is awesome and time-saving.
- Cook peppers in pven for 30-40 minutes, until bacon is fully cooked and peppers look toasty.
NOTE: For vegetarians, don’t wrap the peppers in bacon, and voila, cream cheese-pesto stuffed peppers!
Makes 24 stuffed peppers.