I made this for the Wesley Foundation students this past Sunday, as well as a hashbrown and sausage breakfast casserole (and that recipe will be coming up next). It was a MAJOR hit and was consumed faster than you can say, “Alleluia.” Enjoy it!
Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- 2 cans Pillsbury refrigerated flaky cinnamon rolls with butter cream icing
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup lite maple syrup (optional)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Icing from cinnamon roll package
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Pam a 13×9-inch glass baking dish. Separate each can of dough into 6 rolls; set icing aside. Cut each roll into 8 pieces, place pieces over butter in dish.
- In medium bowl beat eggs.
- Beat in cream, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended.
- Gently pour over roll pieces. Drizzle with 1 cup lite syrup. (Syrup is optional)
- Bake uncovered 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove covers from icing; microwave on Medium (50%) power for 10 to 15 seconds or until drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle icing over top.
Recipe and image from http://thefrugalgirls.com/2013/03/cinnamon-roll-french-toast-casserole.html