We had our company potluck last Friday and I signed up to make my bacon wrapped pesto cream cheese stuffed jalapeños. But when I went to the store the night before (read: when I put off shopping until the last minute), the jalapeños were nowhere to be found. So, I quickly thought of another yummy appetizer other than the frozen ones. Think. Think. Stuffed. Mushrooms. With crab meat. Oooo.
The recipe below is as accurate as I could remember. Nowadays, I hardly measure anything when I cook. I find it to be quite freeing. Mushrooms are pretty versatile so feel free to play around with spices and herbs. But, don’t forget that the crab meat still needs to shine. 🙂 Happy cooking!
- Bundle of white mushrooms (12-14)
- 1 cup of crab meat, chopped
- 1/2 cup of green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup of soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 T. of garlic
- 1 T. of parsley
- 1 t. dry mustard
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of white wine
- 4 T. melted butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Pour the melted butter or margarine on your 9.13 baking dish.
- Remove the stems of the mushrooms and chop finely to add to filling.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chopped stems and all other items EXCEPT egg and white wine. (Use salt, pepper, and cheese at your discretion.)
- Add egg and mix again.
- Fill mushroom caps with filling. It will more than likely be plenty of filling so be generous and place onto baking sheet.
- Once all mushrooms are stuffed, pour the white wine into the baking dish so the caps are sitting in the liquid.
- Sprinkle leftover parmesan cheese on the tops of the mushrooms.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Best served hot.